Video Tutorial - Caching with SwiftUI Task Modifier | In Memory & Disk Based Cache
Published at Sep 14, 2021
We are going to learn on how to implement Caching Layer to a News App that currently using iOS 15 SwiftUI Task Modifier to trigger data fetching. At the end of this video, we should be able implement the Cache with these requirements below to improve the efficiency of our app:
- In-memory based Cache.
- Disk based Cache that survives app restart. Display cache data when the user is offline.
- Thread safe data access with Actor type.
- Expiration timestamp cache invalidation
- Manual cache invalidation.
- Automatic cache eviction when system resource are low.