Video Tutorial - UICollectionView from Scratch
Published at Oct 04, 2020
In this 3 part series we will learn how to implement UICollectionView from scratch using UICollectionViewFlowLayout and UICollectionViewDataSource:
- Setting and configuring UICollectionViewFlowLayout to show grid based vertical layout with multiple sections.
- Using UICollectionViewDataSource as the source of data to render in Collection View.
- Building Self-Sizing CollectionView Cell and supplementary view with auto layout programatically. With Self-Sizing Cell, the app will supports Dynamic Font Type for accessibility.
- Using Collection View performBatchUpdates to insert, remove, sections and indexPaths in single transaction using Swift 5.1 Collection Diffing API.
- Using SwiftUI Live Preview on UIKit based UIView and UIViewController for rapid UI prototyping in Xcode.
Part 1 - Collection View Cell & Supplementary View
In this tutorial video, we'll build the Character Collection View Cell and Supplementary Collection Reusable Header View using programatic auto layout constraints + SwiftUI Live Preview!
Part 2 - Flow Layout | Self-Sizing Cells | Data Source
In this part 2 of UICollectionView From Scratch, we will continue to: 1. Create Single Section Collection View 2. Implement UICollectionViewDataSource 3. Setup Collection View Flow Layout 4. Adapt Self-Sizing Cells for accessibility 5. Adapt to Trait Collection Changes
Part 3 - Data Diffing | Batch Updates | Multiple Sections
In this part 3 of UICollectionView From Scratch, we will continue to: 1. Implement Single Section Collection View Batch Updates with 1D array Data Diffing. 2. Implement Multiple Sections Collection View Batch Updates with 2D array Data Diffing.